Sunday, March 21, 2021

Motivational Project - Phase One completed

Project guidelines:

 The intent of this contest is to motivate in a fun way to finish old miniature projects, and for ALL MEE members to be included.


- experienced members, to finish old projects not completed
- new members, may not have that as of yet, but can still participate ( starting and completing a project)

-the project is to be a minimum of 1 hour working time ( not drying time)
(ex: mini furniture kit, flower arrangement, books, doll, room, etc.)

- however larger projects can be broken down into smaller sections,and submitted individually
(ex: wiring, painting the doll house, etc.)

The completion:

Glue on the corner posts and middle support posts for the back wall.
 
The back wall in place.

Covered the ceiling with a sheet of white cardboard.

I then searched through my stash of matboard and found a piece that would work for the floor but one that I couldn't foresee using in the future on another project. (Now that opened up a can of worms.) But found a piece that was narrow enough that I couldn't be used for a wall in future but long enough that it would cover the floor.  Cut it to size then used carpet tape to attach the first piece of carpet,

Then the second...
Then trimmed the carpet to the matboard, put down two strips of carpet tape on the floor and lowered the carpet into place.

All set to go...I'm liking this!

Hate to tell you this but I'm stopping work on this project for now and going back to the Trash to Treasure project as the deadline for the T2T is April 6 and the Motivational Project is ongoing.

However, a couple little notes first.

This is what the roombox looked like originally.


To give you a hint at things to come, you can see some of the pieces that might go into the roombox here.

I should (or may be not) have posted the picture of what chaos I had made working on this but I didn't. So first order of business is to clean up that mess then gather up the rest of the possible items for the T2T.


2 comments:

  1. I remember that previous post, Maureen. I really like the pieces you gathered up for this project and look forward to seeing it all together. I also am going now to work on my T2T project (even though I'm not actually a competitor) *smile* - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The motivational project is coming along just super, and I love the flooring! Can't wait until you can get back to it - the furnishings are so lovely and it will be great to see them displayed in the project!
    Good luck with the Trash to Treasure project! Can't wait to see that one, too!

    ReplyDelete