Sunday, March 7, 2021

Just zipping along here...

Trash to Treasure Challenge

Plant using pipe cleaner, egg carton and tea bag:

This is a chenille stem from my stash, I'm probably stretching it a bit to call it a pipe cleaner but...

I cut about an inch off the end and trimmed the bottom a bit so there was about 1/4" of the wire to extend into the 'dirt'.

The egg carton piece that I painted terra cotta for the pot.
Emptied the tea bag for my 'dirt'.
Put the dirt in the pot.
Added a dollop of glue and mixed it in.
Added my plant and trimmed it a bit (probably too much in spots).

Here I've added the final two fish to the aquarium. (This water needs a good cleaning. LOL. Think I should have sealed the sandpaper before adding the glue as I think some of the colour from it has seeped into the water.)



A candy dish filled with Scotch  mints:

For my dish, I'm using a pistachio nut shell painted with my Krylon gold leaf pen.

I'm punching the mints out of two very thin slices of a white eraser from Dollarama.

I'm using this punch that I got from Dollarama years ago. Just press and turn. Works well on thin materials.


Painted the inside of the shell with the same Krylon pen...
And added my 'mints' using tweezers to put them in a bit of glue then place them in the 'dish'.

Motivational Challenge:

Got the first coat of paint on most of the roombox.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment