Saturday, March 27, 2021

T2T - Have now used everything on the list

I didn't have a yogurt or sour cream lid so used the lid from some dill pickle dip. Took my oval mirror and traced around it then cut 1/4" around that.



I had some adhesive-backed aluminum foil so covered the plastic from the lid with that. (The drops are glue to attach the mirror.

Coloured the edge of the mirror with black marker, then glued it in place.


Cap my from eyeglass lens cleaner for a wastebasket.

I had just enough sticker left to add around the top of the wastebasket.

I took a piece of yellow gauze ribbon, cut Vs on both ends and used it as a runner on the top shelf.


Something Jodi said in the comments (and a beautiful afghan that my friend Barb R. just made me) made me think I needed a light blanket to go on the chair so  I dug through my baby washcloths from Dollarama and made this from that fabric.

Still had the Q tips. Then I thought if I took the cotton off them, I could use the sticks to build something.

Cutting three of them into 3/4" lengths was going to be a problem. (Cutting nine pieces all the exact same length is not one of my strengths.) The I remembered my Chopper that I bought a couple years ago from a former club member. So I set the black guide to 3/4" and it worked perfectly!

Couldn't find my small Samm Brockhurst gluing jig but the large one would work as well, although not as conveniently. So I glued five of the pieces together for the base of a box.

Glued two pieces up on one side

Then the other.

Cut four more short pieces for the ends

And glued them in place.

And painted it with yellow nail polish.

In keeping with the yellow theme, I remembered that I have (somewhere) a yellow duck push pin. If I can find one, I'll add it to the shelving unit.

Now this is a stretch but my two remaining items are a feather and sequins. I could have used the feather alone as a bookmark but I decided to glue two sequins together at the bottom for the bookmark.

And here is the book with bookmark in place.

So I think it's complete. Next blog I'll show the completed project and give the list of what was used where.

After I posted the original blog about making things from an egg carton, my friend and neighbour, Jeanne, called to say she had two of these wonderful plastic egg cartons - and did I want them? These have even more possibilities than papier mache egg cartons. There are some great serving dishes and that lovely cover for windows, etc.. Too late for this project but lots of possibilities for future work.

Always great to have friends who support your mini obsession.

Two years ago, my DD Leanne took her niece (my granddaughter) on a trip to New York City for Spring Break. (Tried to find her video post on FB when she told Holly I had bought them tickets to Hamilton but couldn't get a link to it.) Anyway, they went to the Museum of Modern Art and bought me this fridge magnet of one  of a triptych of Monet's Waterlilies. She finally got it to me last week. LOL




 

No comments:

Post a Comment