Monday, March 29, 2021

Fine-tuning the trash to treasure

My friend, Joan, dropped by yesterday to take an up-close and personal look at the T2T project as she had seen the beginning of it earlier. She was checking the list on her phone against the contents so I thought there had to be an easier way.

So I printed the list on two sheets of brochure paper.

One trimmed to fit and the other ready to be trimmed.

In addition to the front piece with the curved opening, there are three pieces with the same curved cutouts. So I used a black marker to paint all four pieces. Then I glued the list of items to two of the pieces and glued those two to the sides of the box. The third piece was glue tacked to the top of the box and the front piece put back in. 

Eventually I plan on putting plastic between the ceiling and top piece and on the front piece to keep it dust free. But I hope to re-do the aquarium so will leave it as is for now as once the plastic is in place, it will be very difficult to take the front off again.






I then set the completed box on a turntable so the lists can be checked against the room more easily.
Left side

Front

Right side

 

No comments:

Post a Comment