Monday, March 29, 2021

Couple TV shows - Non-mini but inspirational

During our club chat last Tuesday, a couple members discussed the British show "The Repair Shop" which is on the Makeful channel which I managed to find on my Shaw Cable. Expert craftsmen pool their talents to restore heirlooms and treasured antiques, such as music boxes, teddy bears, signs and, tonight, a 1950s jukebox. Evidently it used to be on Netflix so I was disappointed that I couldn't binge watch it. I've watched 3 shows so far and really enjoy it.

After that show ended tonight, on came  "Fantastical Factory of Curious Craft". Four amateur crafters make prop-like crafts. After an initial challenge, the remaining three go on to craft for a celebrity client, who then chooses the winner and takes home the winner's craft. Gives you a good look at various crafters and what tools and supplies they use. 

2 comments:

  1. The Repair Shop is indeed a very enjoyable show, Maureen. Did you know it is filed at Weald and Downland Outdoor Museum in the UK? I visited there a few years ago, as I had made a miniature version of their Tudor market and guild hall; it is an outdoor museum full of actual Tudor buildings, brought there from all over England. I could live there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marijke, I did not realize it was part of an outdoor museum. That's great. I love your miniature of the Tudor market and guild hall.

      Delete