Friday, March 19, 2021

More work on the Motivational Project

Once I found the black and white paper, decided to make the back wall of the roombox. Started with a 17" x 11" piece of white matboard. Because I want to be able to move this piece in and out easily while I dry-fit it, I attached two pieces of masking tape to the back. By folding them to the front when I place the matboard in the roombox, I can remove it easily.



Had to trim the matboard just a little bit until I got a perfect fit. Then I was able to add the paper to the front of the matboard.


Because I was putting the matboard in front of the corner posts rather than against the mirror itself, I added to 1/2" strips of wood in front of the mirror to support the matboard.

And the final dry fit. 

Then I had to give the room a second coat of paint and mask off the glass so I could paint the posts that I hadn't painted first time around.



Now everything has been painted. The corner posts still need a second coat which I'll do shortly.

 Once that's done, I'll apply a pieces of white matboard to the ceiling and floor. 

While I was looking for the paper for the back wall, I came across these two pieces of sculpted flooring that I'm hoping I can piece together well enough for the floor.

So, hopefully, tomorrow I can start thinking about filling the room.


2 comments:

  1. Sweet progress, Maureen! The flooring looks interesting! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good start, Maureen. I love the thought of a black and white room and look forward to seeing it come together. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete