Tuesday, March 9, 2021

One step forward, ?@%# steps back. Personal note re the Brier 2021

This morning I was all set to install lighting  (my one extra supply) in the T2T room. I had this LED strip lighting from Dollarama and had planned on installing it all around the ceiling them hiding it behind a 3/4" strip of foamcore so it would act as indirect lighting.


I drilled a hole (or three) in the back of the box and threaded the tape lighting through it. Pressed it along the ceiling and, Oh, NO, the adhesive had dried out. So I'm rethinking how I'm going to complete this part of the project. 

M.E.E. is having a garage sale on Zoom tonight so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Tim Horton's Brier 2021

My second youngest sister, Carol's, grandson is Matt Dunstone who is the skip of Team Saskatchewan. Due to Covid, their home rink had been closed to them so the town of Wadena, SK, (about 200 miles NE of Regina) offered their curling rink so they could practise before entering the Brier bubble in Calgary. See the story here.

What Matt didn't know at the time was that our family has a connection to Wadena. Our grandfather, Charlie Mould, got into some sort of trouble back in England and, as a consequence, was sent off to Canada in 1913 and ended up in Wadena when he was 14 years old. He lived there until 1915 when he joined the Army, returned to England and fought in WWI. After the war ended, he, his parents and all his brothers and sisters immigrated to Canada and settled at Rose Lake, BC.

It is a small world, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Maureen! I have gathered my materials for the MEE T2T challenge and have talked my two cohorts, Louise and Marijke, into trying it out too. Thank you for such a fun suggestion. As for the strip lighting, whenever I have used it in the past I have always run a line of Quick Grip or Fabri-Tac along it first, even though it has a sticky back. I never trust that stickiness to hold it for long. So - I guess that's your extra supply item you'll be using for your T2T? I'm torn between a few items for my extra supply item. The final choice will reveal itself as I move along in the process, I'm sure. I look forward to seeing the entries you receive from your Club members - and also interested to see how many others you might receive in picture format just for the fun of it! Have a great day! - Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My version of the T2T challenge is coming along very nicely, but I now wish I had thought of lighting! I do intend to add some things once the challenge is over, and may add lighting at that point. We'll see! This is such fun....

    ReplyDelete