Saturday, September 7, 2024

My planned displays for the Show and Sale September 15

My first choice to enter at the Show is the kitchen I made in 2019 for Ann (of Thyme to Celebrate Catering) who supplied my mother with meals in the year before she died. Ann is very kindly lending it back to me so it can be used for a show that CBC will be filming later this month (children's program ONIVA) and will lend it to me a week earlier so it can be at the Show.

My second choice is the wonderful Christmas scene that I bought at a club garage sale by Karen Jones. I don't often buy other miniaturist's work but this one is so exquisite and beautifully detailed that I had to have it. It deserves to be displayed.

As you know, I really haven't done much of anything mini this past year BUT this morning I decided to do the Art Gallery that I had planned for the chrome and glass container I bought at the club garage sale in June.

The container: 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 9 1/2


I had a beautiful piece of blue velour matboard that I used for the floor and an interesting piece of matboard that I used for the back wall. It's cream with a subtle design of white swirls.

The upper left, upper and lower right pieces are pieces that DD Leanne found for me. The remainder are pieces that I made in a wonderful class that Tina MacDonald taught us.


My first positioning of the art.


Here I have coloured the edges of some pieces in black and white. One is framed in Silver and the three round pieces on the left are trimmed and framed in copper (with a pen).

I had thought to use Velcro to fasten these pieces but I'm out of Poster Velcro and the few pieces of Velcro that I now have are too thick so I think that I may use double-sided carpet tape to position them.

So tomorrow's challenge will be to attach the art and put the back wall in the art gallery.



No comments:

Post a Comment