Monday, September 16, 2024

The Show and Sale

Sunni had been kind enough to take my displays in on Saturday afternoon so all I had to do was go in and turn the lights on in Ann's kitchen.

Joanne and I arrived at 9 because she had made a lovely display in Joanne Prodor's memory and wanted to get it in the Show room before it opened. The first non-member face I saw was Diane who has attended our Show and Sale for years so we had time to exchange a few words. Lovely to see her every year.

Next I saw three members from Saskatoon who stayed in the hotel this year. (Last year they stayed in the guest suite in my condo.)

Once the doors opened, I headed to talk to two dealers who were having birthdays, then to greet some special out of town dealers whom I hadn't seen since last year.

Then went shopping! (In no particular order!)


Bought this lovely little kitten and carrier from member Loretta who flew up from Wisconsin for the S&S which she has done for some years. It's 1:48 but I plan on using just the kitten in my Potluck dinner ornament.

Got this luggage set from Gay. She had several kits for them but had two finished kits so, of course, went that route.

Picked up these kachinas from Marg W. who got them in Arizona. They're about 2 1/4" tall.
I have several pieces of Canadian First Nations' art so everything may become a museum display.

Got this great IKEA type miniature from Dainty Little Dollhouse from Saskatoon.
 All the drawers are removable. Not sure yet just where it will go.


Picked up these kits from Gay. The bedroom furniture in the Bombay dollhouse is mostly made from these kits. Will find someplace for them!

Debbie M., a dealer and distant member, joins us each year. She was kind to gift me with this set of 1:24 furniture, some of which will also end up in the Potluck dinner ornament.

Picked up this stand mixer to put in Ann's kitchen as a 'thank you' for Ann's lending me the kitchen for a couple weeks.

Also got this gorgeous brass easel from Gay and the light works!
Had an enjoyable conversation with Gay's mother, Gladys, and their table neighbour, Bob Frances.

The following pieces were from Donna of I Love Minis Canada. Her Etsy shop is here.


Bought this because I have it in real life. It will go in Ann's kitchen as a further 'thank you' for the use of the kitchen. (That's is own fitted packaging at the top of the picture.)



This set of mixing bowls also come in its own fitted case and also comes with a whisk, a spatula and six smaller bowls - two each in three sizes. Worth every penny!!
This purchase was personal. I have that set of mixing bowls which we received as a wedding present 52 years ago and which I still use at least weekly.


While the Show and Sale was lovely and, as you can see, I bought some beautiful pieces (some of which I actually have plans for LOL), the real joy is seeing friends, old and new, that I often only see once a year. And helping man the Membership table gave me a wonderful chance to talk with prospective new members and hear what they've been doing and/or planning gives me a new enthusiasm that I hope lasts for at least a few of my own projects.

And while I like that our meetings and workshops are now on Zoom, it's so nice to meet new members in person and talk one on one.

I must apologize that I did not think to take pictures of all the wonderful displays that club members brought in this year. There weren't as many this year as there have been in the past but the work was stellar and it's always a joy to see where members imaginations  and skills take them.


No comments:

Post a Comment