Saturday, September 21, 2019

My purchases 2019

Two things I bought that I used right away...

I meant to buy a range hood from Joanne Davies last year but didn't get around to it. But I knew I needed it for Ann's kitchen and, fortunately, Joanne was back this year and had some left.


I removed the trim and painted it with the charcoal Cottage Paint I used for Ann's cupboards.

Here it is in place. Makes a world of difference I think.

Everything in place once again.

Was thrilled to win People's Choice for the roombox!

For Mirabel's roombox, I had the incomplete set of fireplace tools that DS Marie had given me last Christmas. Unfortunately, that included the handle but not the shovel. But Hoanie had the set on the right so bought it. Colour's not quite right but it'll work.

Clipped the circle off...

and glued the shovel inside the handle from the set on the left...

And, voila! Have the set of fireplace tools that I need.

Got this china cabinet, table and chairs (with bonus flower arrangement) from the Doll Club table. They're perfect for the scenes I give away at Christmas.

Spotted this fireplace on Linda Austin's table and fell in love with it. Have to clean off the price tag but I'm visualizing it in a couple scenarios already.

Louise Zawada sells these beautifully wrapped gifts. I always pick up some for 'special' gifts. Kicking myself, though, as Kristy Wipf had some lovely little gift bags made with the same silver paper at the front centre gift. Should have bought a couple.

Got this beautiful cake plate trimmed with Swarovski crystals from Hoanie. It's so pretty.

A lovely (opening) suede handbag from Sue Lefebvre. She had several green ones that I would have liked but I wasn't sure what shade would go with my green and white bedroom so went with the black.

Picked these up from Karen Mohr's table. You can never have too many pitchers and glasses!

Shoot! I can't remember who I bought these candy polymer canes from. Some great all-sorts candy here. For years, I put licorice all-sorts in almost all my scenes. I may start again.


I first used this little glue bottle when I took Linda Austin's jewellery class. Since then, I've used the one she gave us in the class constantly. So I stopped by her table and bought three more.

My friend, Margaret Clark, stopped by and gave me these two tweezers. Looking forward to using them. Thanks, Margaret.

For years, I have been meaning to copy this piece of artwork from the hotel lobby wall. It's one of those projects that keeps niggling at the back of your mind and while you may think you're on the right track, it's never quite there.

Then I spotted these pieces on Hoanie's table. I think they may be the solution but even if they're not, I'm that much closer to being able to make it.


Wasn't planning on buying another light but for $3.00 thought "Why not?" Another bargain from Karen Mohr.

The piece-de-resistance 

Although Janet Harvie is a new dealer to the Edmonton Show and Sale, I've known her for several years and have purchased from her before at the old Bowmanville, ON, show and sale.

I absolutely could not resist this furniture set. My mind is full of ideas on how to display them in a room.



I have a friend who is so very kind to me each year at our Show and Sale and buys me a wonderful gift each year. This year, she bought me this wonderful display cabinet. It's 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and 12" tall. At this moment, I'm thinking it might be a great setting for Janet's furniture and Linda's fireplace. But we'll have to wait and see. Thanks you very much, Barbara.


2 comments: