Friday, April 16, 2021

Well, let's give it another try

I've put the fireplace back in the room and am going to do my best to make it work.

In the meantime, I'm working on a few other things for the room.

This beautiful desk as made by former MEE member, Gilbert Funk in February of 2004. I bought it from him at a meeting a few years ago.


Here it is opened. Although you can't see, along the back there is a six section shelf with a small drawer in the middle of the bottom.

For it to go in this room, I re-did it with black marker....and I love it! (I did leave Gilbert's signature and the date uncovered on the bottom of the desk.)

It will get stationery, pens, maybe a bank statement or two some eyeglasses

Tina M. did this chair as a kit for the club. It, too, is painted with black marker.


And here is has been given two coats of J.W. Wright gloss varnish.
I have a couple of Rosalle's afghans that I will probably hang over the back of the chair but haven't decided which one - or I may even commission one from her. 

In 2007/8, I bought this set of nesting tables from Deana Suzanne Russo. It arrived broken so I just tucked in away (in a 'safe place' LOL) and forgot about it until now. I think I can make it work in this room.


Here are two of the tables done in black (left the bottoms so the signatures could still be seen.



I've done the other two pieces in black also but have to figure out how I will glue them together with those wild angles. Think I can manage it.

I have an amaryllis plant that I think will give one table a 'pop'. Also want to add a book, some wineglasses, an hors-d'oeuvres platter, and maybe a pair of glasses.

I also have a floor lamp that will work in this. 

It's coming along.



 



 

2 comments: