Monday, April 19, 2021

Just about finished


The table repair is NOT going well even though I made a jig to try to hold everything in place. Still working on it.

Decided to use this metal mesh to make a fireplace screen. 


I cut it to size then painted it gold.
This is some molding from my stash that has a narrow slit that the metal mesh will fit into.

Painted the frame black


Added two bits of cove molding to the bottom to make it free standing then painted those black too.


Here it is in place.

This is driving me nuts. Everytime I try to centre this picture, it flies up to the top of the page. I found this lovely little folder of stationery in my stash - no idea where I got it - it has a beautiful pen in the fold. Added another gold pen, an adding machine and stapler.


Here it is so far.

In addition to the third table, I have a floor lamp that I made in one of Tina's classes that I want to add if I can ever get it to work.


6 comments:

  1. I love this room setting, Maureen, and look forward to following your vision for this project. It has a very clean, modern and classy look to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marijke. I know you do period work so I am pleased to see your words.

      Delete
  2. I love how the room looks so far! Good luck with the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still scared to look at the table. But I'm hoping it will be okay.

      Delete
  3. The box is coming together beautifully! Ha ha, blogger does all kinds of weird things with layout and images lately. Sometimes, you just have to give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan. Always good to know that I'm not the only one who sometimes has problems.
      Maureen



      Delete