Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A lamp for the black and white room

Five years ago I made this lamp in a workshop that Tina M. gave at MEE.

I did add a square base to the lamp to stabilize it.


I was thrilled with it when it was finished and I tested it and it worked! 

#&$% Then this morning I tried to get it working and (Oh No) it wouldn't!

I had 4 batteries that I tried in the battery holder and none worked. 

Then I thought to try the batteries themselves.



 And, indeed, two of them were dead but two did work. 

So I put the first battery holder to the side and tried another and, yes, that one did work!

So now I have a working light.

Tomorrow (hopefully)  I will thread the wires through the floor and wire the switch through the base of the room. 

I must admit I haven't checked that out yet so I'll see what happens tomorrow.

2 comments: