Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Two more things for the nursery and other Show and Sale purchases

 

I had pre-ordered this little stacking ring kit from Tina (MiniMinutia on  Etsy) along with a "Love You Forever" book kit (more about that in my next post - hopefully) and picked them up along with the book kit for tonight's workshop



This came about by sheer serendipity. When I was taking the base of the kit apart, I broke the pieces. BUT my Dad had made big wooden hanging initials for some of us daughters and most of the grandchildren and the pieces from the base made this great G for Grace. Sometimes things just work out for the best. 

Note: These pieces broke due to my negligence and lack of care - not any problem with the kit itself.

I have bags of laser poop that Tina has given me over the years so I just found an appropriate found piece to make a new base. Then I painted the rings with various colours of nail polish. Think the rings look a bit more plasticy with the nail polish. I held the top ring too tight and at an angle and broke it. (At least it wasn't one of the middle ones.) So it has either been lost or I'll just shorten the dowel a bit.


I can always use more books and these have printed covers and spines although the insides are blank. at 36 for $9, how could I possibly pass them up.


Got this lovely tree from  Louise (Tiny Treasures). They were on for half price! Almost wish I had bought a couple more but she lives in Edmonton so I can always give her a call.

Lovely candy dish and gold vase from Janice Crawley.

Fireplace tools. Always need more of these to go with all my fireplaces.


Forgot to take a picture but bought two new tweezers from Linda. Much better than any that I currently have.

So have to gather my supplies for tonight's workshop. If I get my book done tonight, should complete the nursery tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment