Friday, September 29, 2023

Scentimental Journey - Repaired

So now I had to figure out how to put the shelves of perfume bottles back in place.

I made this block of Legos that would represent the distance between the shelves.

I put it against the mirrored back and used a very fine tipped pen to mark the bottom of it - and that was where my shelf would go. Put a very fine line of Gorilla Super Glue gel on the back edge of the shelf, lined it up against the line then VERY quickly put the Lego against the shelf to keep it at a right angle against the glass.

Repeated that for the four upper shelves.

The two lower shelves were a bit more problematic as there wasn't a great deal of room for Lego blocks to keep things straight.

I did get the line for the shelves drawn using the Lego piece above but still needed to  find a way to make sure the shelves were  level from below. So I used two Lego pieces plus a bit of wood to line them up then placed the shelves. Had to pull up the wooden pieces quickly so they wouldn't stick to the Super glue.


Once all that was done, I took a dampened Q-tip and erased the pen lines I had made to line up the shelves. Then I replaced the glass front and the side of the frame.



Best picture I could get with the mirrored back.

But I am pleased with the restoration.


 

4 comments:

  1. ¡Una encantadora colección de perfumes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Isabel. Es bueno tenerlos en exhibición nuevamente.

      Delete
  2. Great job figuring out how to work around the obstacles, Maureen! It is a beautiful display and I am glad you can enjoy it once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jodi. It's nice to have it on display again.

    ReplyDelete