Saturday, August 3, 2024

Christmas ornament 2

Got a bit more done...

Just realized that I didn't take pictures of the table when I finished it but it's below in the picture of the ornament so far.

Love these chairs!


Still not pleased with the height of the tree so took a napkin ring from my stash and lined it with red foil.

So I'm pleased with it now.

Pleased with the tree. Like the table and chairs but need a lot more 
 things in this. Trying out the gingerbread house but not too sure about it.

Need a bunch of gifts under the tree. You might recognize them from the dollar store where they come in packages of 12 for a dollar or so. They are okay as fillers but you need some better pieces in front of them. I may take them apart, glue down the foil and tidy up those oversized bows.
My fellow miniaturist, Louise Z., makes the most incredibly beautiful gift packages and some will work in 1:24 scale.

Unfortunately, my camera battery just died so I can't show you any of them just yet.

This project is a struggle because I've never worked in 1:24 so don't have anything in my stash in that scale.

I would like to move the Christmas tree to the middle back of the scene and  I have a piece that might work on the left hand side. Will maybe give it a try tomorrow.

Haven't decided whether or not to decorate the tree. It's so pretty as is but....

Will give it more thought tomorrow when I can try things with the camera.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment