Saturday, July 1, 2023

A new nursery

 I had really hoped that the china shop and the gifts from DS Marie would get my get up and go going but, alas, that didn't happen.

However, Marie's second son and his beautiful wife, Aaryn, are expecting a baby girl in the fall and they plan on naming her Grace after our mother. (Cue tears.)

Of course, my immediate thought is that I have to make them a roombox to commemorate the occasion.

But I no longer have any nursery furniture in my stash! I contemplated sending out an email to our club members asking if anyone could help me out then decided I would wait until after our club's online garage sale and see what was available then. M.E.E. traditionally has a garage sale in June where members can sell items they no longer need that they think other club members might want.

WOW! The 19th item at the garage sale was a complete nursery! And it was mostly white with pink accents! And so inexpensive I almost feel guilty about it. Emailed the seller then waited with bated breath - and I got it. 

I bought it from Erika B. who is taking over my position of managing the sale part of our Show and Sale so I have to get a lot of paperwork done for her then she will come out and deliver the pieces and I will give her the S&S paperwork.

In the meantime, I have started the work on the roombox itself. 

About 25 years ago, M.E.E. commissioned the building of several roomboxes. I don't know who built them but they are wonderful. Outer measurements are 16" wide x 10" high x 11" deep. The occasional one has a plexiglass ceiling but most just have a plexiglass front. I buy them every time I can find one. They are just the right size for almost every room. I have two right now and am using one of those for this nursery.

I've given the outside of the roombox the first coat of paint.



I know that James has painted the walls a pale pink so I'm thinking that maybe I can tone this down with white to paint the walls.
I do have some wonderful pale pink paper that might work on the walls. (Can't get a decent picture so am not going to show it to you.) 

Have some "pinkish" carpet but am going to exclude it as it just doesn't work for me. 

Back to the drawing board for that,

My friend Barb R. stopped by with a few things she thought I could add to the room.
And I had picked out these things from my stash.

So I guess at this point, I will get the painting done then wait to get the furnishings from Erika.

2 comments: