Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The nursery

Well, I painted the rest of the roombox white, including the inside roof.

Tonight I painted the three walls in a pale pink. Took a white paint that Bev had also given me and added a small amount of the pink that she had given me. (Marie found out the colour from James.)

I'm not pleased with where the upper ceiling meets the walls. Guess I will have to put in some crown molding. 

The actual carpet that I had had too many orange tones in it so I looked around and found this lovely piece of rose velvet in my fabric stash. This is going to be a problem as it has so much give to it. I will have to cut a piece of cardboard to fit the floor then figure out how to attach the fabric to it. Ordinarily I would use an iron-on fusible interfacing but I'm a bit concerned about using that with velvet. The other option is double-sided carpet tape but that would be really hard to work with.

Or maybe a spray adhesive?

Have to give some thought to that....

No comments:

Post a Comment