Tuesday, April 4, 2023

My Tiffany Lamp project

 Our club, the Miniature Enthusiasts of Edmonton, gifted those of us who were members at the beginning of our club year in September with a choice of a project. 

Many of the club members chose Tufty Burrows, several others chose kits by Jane Harrop, A small number of us chose Tiffany lamps from Esthers Miniatures on Etsy.

I received my kit a couple weeks ago and have started a bit of work on it:

First I started painting the base of the lamp with a gold pen which fortunately looks more brass then gold.

Finished colouring the base.

Started hitting the highlights of the shade with a black marker.

This is something that I have to be really careful with. I have to wait until my hands are REALLY steady and my eyes are REALLY clear.

I have wired the lamp base and done about half of the leading on the shade.


Note: This is ridiculous! I have a couple hundred markers and of all of those, I only had one that was a dark grey (which I would have preferred) and it had such a microtip that it wasn't useable for this.

Anyway. so far so good.

I will try to finish the leading on the lamp soon. On Saturday, club members will meet in the social room in my condo to continue work on Tufty Burrows and the lead  member of our lamp group will be dropping off the paints that I will need to finish the lamp.


2 comments:

  1. I love that lamp kit, Maureen. I look forward to seeing in completed. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful? I chose it thinking that it was the easiest of her designs but it's going to be a tough one. Will see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete