Friday, June 28, 2024

Getting there...

I've put 50 or 60 small items in bags and on my bulletin boards. Just 'housecleaning'.

My most pressing thing is to get the paintings that I made in a class that Tina taught to lay flat so I can put them in my art gallery. (Can't believe that I can't find the pictures of the actual class.)

I absolutely love these paintings BUT they will not lay flat!


In an effort to straighten the, I've turned them upside down and then applied a coat of white paint to the back of them.

Initially, that did not seem to help at all. But after several hours, the curve on the larger paintings had decreased from 1/2" to 1/4" which is a start. So I've now put them under three of my heaviest books and hope that will do the trick.

I've also put a call into Tina for help.

Came across another workshop I taught with unfinished pieces. The knife handle hadn't been painted and the ends of the cans hadn't been painted silver. You can find the instructions for the knives here. And cans for the pantry are here.

I, like so many others my age, suffer from dry eyes and use Systane to allieve that. BRIGHT SIDE: the top of some Systane bottles can be turned into mini funnels!

You can pull the top from the Systane bottle and use a sprue cutter to trim it into a funnel.

Sprue cutter which trims right up to an edge.


I'm on my way:


Still a lot to do but think I should be finished cleaning hopefully by Monday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment