Monday, February 20, 2023

Modern Art Gallery

Last summer, at one of our club garage sales, I bought a roombox for $10. Picked it up and it was flat-packed in four pieces.


When I got it home and put it together, it looked like this. Floor space 18 1/4" x 12". Looking better all the time.

There are no sides, top or front but I can work with that.

My original idea was to make the side walls from two laminated sheets of matboard but....

when I cleaned my workroom, I found this piece of masonite (?) that my dear late husband Vern had brought home one day asking if I could use it somewhere. Bless him, he always tried to help me in my creations.

With a bit of trimming, it will work perfectly as the side walls.

Last week, as I was drifting off to sleep, I thought that the tiles that I had bought from Dollarama for another project would be the perfect outside wall for the gallery. 

As always, the brass and silver version was no longer available but the lower black, grey and silver was available so I bought five of them.

So my next move will be to cut the masonite to fit the sides then cover them on the outside with the tiles.. And paint the inside walls eggshell white.

It's coming together.


 

6 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see your new posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shape to that room box. I can hardly wait to see what you do with it!. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good size and I have a lot to go into it. Just have to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete