Tuesday, November 14, 2023

SORRY

I ran into a few problems with the roombox design.

Then suddenly it was mid-November and I'm in a real time-crunch for a Christmas gift so that has to be my first priority right now.

My dear husband Vern died in July 2011. Shortly after that I began "Vern's Attic" which was a project that was meant to share my memories of him with our grandchildren who were 3 and 5 at the time so they could have some memories of Grandpa Vern. 

I guess maybe I have kept putting off completing it because it would mean finally letting go.

Earlier this year, I told my DDIL Julie that I would give it to the grandchildren as an "Advent Calendar" .

The attic itself will be the calendar then each of the memories would be put in a capsule to be opened each day. 

I will write a story about each of the things in the attic and put the stories in a book that will go along with the attic.

So you can understand why I have to delay the work on the roombox.



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to connect the children to Vern, Maureen! I am sure working on the project will force you to bring up and process a lot of emotion, but remember that once you're on the other side of them you'll be glad you did. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi. You're quite right. In fact, Julie and I discussed that that is probably why it has taken me so long to finish this portion of it. Now I'm on a roll and already am planning additions to it for next Christmas. BIG hugs back for understanding!

      Delete