Thursday, April 30, 2020

A hug from DS Marie, something for Vern's attic

Wednesday, I received this wonderful card from my DS Marie who is the Queen of Cards and always perks us up with cards of one sort or another.Really appreciated this one (as do I all of them)/



A length of green velvet plastic-backed ribbon in folds with hands held.
She just keeps us going.

Note: My friend and fellow miniaturist, Barb R., from upstairs and I met at the mail box and we admired the ribbon...it's perfect for making miniature hats and a few other things I have in mind. The colour will certainly work in my three-room roombox.
......
This is one of the things I will be putting in "the Attic". This is not the miniature but I will be miniaturizing it.

In the fall of 1972 (the year Vern and I were married), we lived on an acreage just outside  Fort Saskatchewan. My Mom and Dad stayed in their trailer with us for a few days before they headed down to Arizona for the winter.

This was before we played canasta and our card game at the time was cribbage!

We went out to their trailer, had a beautiful meal that Mom had cooked, then started playing crib.
Oh, my goodness, Dad and I could do nothing wrong. We won 23 straight games!  At that point, it was about 3 a.m. and Vern had to fly up to the Northwest Territories at 7 that morning. But he insisted on one more game...which he and Mom won! FINALLY!

The next morning, I went into the basement, cut a piece of plywood and made this crib board "for those crib players who need all the help they can get".



When you look at it closely, you will see that there is only one hole for each two on the one track.

Lot of great memories on that crib board.

So I will make in it miniature for the Attic for Jonah and Holly.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the cribbage board in the attic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. Hopefully thàt is my almost next projèct.

      Delete
  2. No conozco el juego.Pero tiene buen aspecto.

    ReplyDelete