Thursday, July 4, 2019

Making peas

Trineke asked me how I made the peas. I don't as a rule work with Fimo but thought this was something I could demonstrate.

I took a piece of green Fimo just smaller than the last joint on my little finger. Half that amount would have been plenty.


On a smooth surface, I rolled it out evenly (using the balls of my fingers) then cut that in half

and rolled that out and cut that in half again.

I rolled that piece until it was  really thin.

Using an X-acto knife, I sliced off tiny pieces from that roll.

With the ball of my finger, I rolled each cut-off piece until it was round.

Bake at 275F for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them because at this size, they won't take too long to bake.

Leanne and I are leaving tomorrow for Saskatoon to attend a Celebration of Life for my dear sister-in-law, Marie Heuchert, who passed away earlier this year. She was a wonderful lady and is missed by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment