Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Phone visit ... and actually did something!

Not much...but something.

Monday night I phoned Sherri MacRaild in Calgary. She had sent me a newsy email last week and I decided it was easier to pick up the phone and call her. She and her husband winter in Arizona so we had a lot of catching up to do. Sherri is an IGMA Artisan who sells at our annual Show and Sale and makes the most unique toys, seasonal decorations, Noah's arks, candy buckets and plants in unique pots. She told me about a new project that she is working on and it sounds wonderful.

I had to admit that I was not getting anything done so she gave me a swift kick in the rear VBG!

So I got out my newest kit from Tina (a jewellery box) and my new Krylon 18 kt. gold leafing pen.



All the filigree pieces are gold leafed and ready to attach.

I like  the way Tina did her sample in black with gold filigree but I think I want to do it in green as the bedroom I plan on putting it in has all white furniture with green walls, flooring and beddring. Also think I'll leave the legs off and have it sitting on gold feet. So have to decide on that before I finish it. But at least it's started.

I have this screen that Tina also designed and made the kit for. At the time I did it I didn't have the Krylon pen so used my gold Pilot pen which is quite dull - not the bright gold of the Krylon.
 So I repainted it with the Krylon pen and love the difference.

The gold pen 'slipped' a couple times so I went over those spots with the black marker.
This will eventually go in the black and gold 'sort of Art Deco' living room that I have planned.

This is the cap off my Vitalux vitamins for my eyes. (Mom also took these so I have a few saved up from her also.) They're 2" in diameter and 7/16" deep. My original thought was that they would make lovely little nursery tables if painted with flower tops. But not I'm thinking they would also make nice little end tables as I have some filigree napkin rings that would make nice bases.

Something like this. Maybe  paint the base gold with a black marble top? Possibilities are there I think.


2 comments:

  1. Bonitos trabajos.La caja de joyería el bonita de cualquier color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever use of the caps and I also like the brighter gold you've used on the screen- good call!
    The little jewelry box is totally Charming!

    ReplyDelete