Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of the displays that Tina, Fay and Erika brought but I did take a few pictures of Joanne's and my displays.
M.E.E. has been gifted with years of miniature magazines that we are able to give away at shows like this.
Joanne's display highlighted some of her "miniature in unusual containers" which was out last year's theme.
I displayed my jewellery shop
and I took in some of my book kits and made this sample to display.
We spoke to several prospective M.E.E. members. Many weren't quite ready to commit to full-time memberships (due to job demands and/or distance - such as those living in Calgary) but several were very interested in our Associate membership.
A MEE Associate member will:
1. be over the age of 18.
2. be unable to join MEE as a regular member because of distance, health, employment or other commitments.
3. pay membership dues of $20.00 per year.
A MEE Associate member will not:
4. be a voting member of MEE.
5. be counted as part of a quorum for voting purposes.
6. be eligible to stand for any MEE positions.
7. be a member of any MEE committees (e.g. Show and Sale committee, Nomination Committee, Audit Committee)
8. have borrowing privileges from the MEE library
A MEE Associate membership includes:
9. attendance at all MEE-sponsored all-day workshops. This does not include the cost of any kits or materials.
10. receipt of the monthly MEE newsletter.
11. attendance at the MEE Christmas Party.
12. One additional evening workshop at no additional charge other than the cost of the kit and/or materials.
A MEE Associate member may:
13. attend additional workshops/general meetings at a cost of $5.00 per event. This does not include the cost of any kits or materials.
14. bring one guest to a workshop, at a cost of $5.00 per event. This does not include the cost of any kits or materials.
A MEE Associate member is expected to (if at all possible):
15. display their miniatures at the annual Show and Sale.
16. contribute time and effort to supporting MEE activities (e.g. assisting in putting on the Show and Sale ).
There were a few dealers who had miniatures for sale but nothing that I really needed (as if I need anything LOL) but I did pick up this little chaise longue for $2.00.
It was a very good afternoon. Saw a lot of friends and hopefully made some new ones.