Sunday, July 21, 2019

Mirabel's roombox

First of all, I hate it that if I don't post by 8:30 p.m. MST, it shows up the next day and the time is all wrong. On the other hand,  that is my fault.

The post about the Sale was posted Sunday morning and I waited until after that appeared in your feeds until I posted this one which is actually from Sunday although most of you won't see it until Monday.

I will try to get them more in sync.

Using some of the new things I bought on Saturday, I rethought Mirabel's roombox:


I finished setting the table with the cutlery and four of the wineglasses from Judy S.

Then I started a salad bowl to add to the table.

This is a water bottle cap that will be painted with a glittery coating that will remind me of the iridescent bowls my my mother (and I) had.
Originally I had made a coffee table from a slice of agate and some pieces from my stash.

But I realized I had a slice of green agate that was much more appropriate so I went with that.
A slice of round wood from my "laser poop" stash, two small spools and a slice of green agate.


Stack two spools on the slice of "laser poop" and glue together.
 Stain them with a stain pan:
 Glue them onto the slice of agate:

And, Voila! A coffee table!

I've changed the entire look of the living room by substituting the striped green living room set for the white leather couch. Kept the cushions for a punch of colour! And added the cloisonne vase.

Put Mirabel's eyeglasses on the table. Need to add some magazines or books...


Will frame this and hang it above the fireplace. It's a fridge magnet by local artist Judy Schafers. 

Major things I have to do on Monday: Sand the floor and give the outside of the roombox a second coat of paint.

It's coming together!

2 comments: