Sunday, March 1, 2020

Gifts of vignettes and roomboxes part 2

My sisters' gifts:

Shirley: Strangely enough, I've not made one specifically for Shirley but she has four:Mom's memory box; Dad's workshop; and two that I made for Grahame: his birthday gift and the music room that I gave her in his memory.

Carol: The Camping Scene that I mentioned in the last post is certainly my favourite but the quilt shop that I made for her is pretty special too. It was built to recognize her love of quilting.








Marie: Aside from the wall-hung nursery, I made Marie a standing miniature of several rooms in her house. (Once again, a very early example of copying rooms.)  I didn't have a colour printer at the time so anything printed was hand-coloured....

This last Christmas I gave her the miniature jewellery shop. 

When her eldest son married, I made the couple a vignette to represent the wedding reception. More recently, I re-made a very early nursery, put it into a roombox and gave it to David and Laura when their daughter, Elizabeth, was born. After that, I rehabbed a dollhouse for Elizabeth and Christmas of 2019, I gave Elizabeth and her brother Michael a box of furniture. 

One more family-related gift: I found a Harry Potter character at Chapters and made this for DD Leanne  Later, as DGS Jonah became more involved with the Harry Potter stories, I gave it to him. 

Lots more to tell you in this vein....but Saturday is our Mini Day Out. Got prepared for it today and looking forward to spending time together with mini friends.

Hope I will remember to take some pictures......
Lots more to tell you in this vein....but Saturday is our Mini Day Out. Got prepared for it today and looking forward to spending time together with mini friends.

Hope I will remember to take some pictures......




No comments:

Post a Comment