Sunday, October 6, 2019

Sunday visit

We had a lovely visit with Barbara W. today. Talked lots of minis and books. There were some things I wanted to give her but my workroom is such a mess that I couldn't find some of them. Not to mention that my desk is piled a mile (well, really about 6") with paper. Must tackle this and get it cleaned up so I know where things are.

After we left Barbara, we headed over to Dollarama where I found a few interesting things.

I had seen these stone wall panels at Dollarama before and didn't buy them but did buy two today (should have bought 6). Think I want to use them to make the walls of my "secret garden". It's coming together in my mind and just the size of the trees I have in mind means it's going to be very big! At this point, I'm thinking I will just do two of the four walls and make it two tiles by one tile.
Better make my mind up soon before these aren't available anymore.

 I am very excited about this purchase. There is a total of 21 metallic tiles each of which is 9/16" x 3 13/16". I'm visualizing a metallic wall hanging/sculpture. Not the one from the hotel but something quite impressive.

When we were at Dollarama last week picking up a few things for STARFest, I found three sets of these alcohol ink pens in blues, greens and greys. Todays I got the shades of reds.

I have three more things to cross off my to-do list from Friday and hope I'll get at least two of them done tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! Your blog is useful to us. Keep sharing. Find latest Mini Bar in Haryana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dollarama is always full of wonders and now you have me chomping at the bit to go to one ASAP! the alcohol pens are a great find and the stone tiles look quite intriguing as does your Secret Garden project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, Dollarama is great! Hope you have good luck with the alcohol pens. By the time I got to them , there were only a few left. When Joanne first found them, there were cases! You never know what they will have...or for how long.
      Maureen

      Delete