Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas to All!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

Mine was very quiet but most enjoyable!

I hadn't expected any minis this Christmas but my DS Marie gave me a long box filled with all these wonderful treasures!

More 1:6 than 1:12

The one on the right is 2 3/8" and the rest are 2".

All 1:12. The footed bowl is filled with glass fruit.

One of the fireplace tools is missing but the handle is there so I can fix it. Great little sail boat and two hand towel racks.

Nine mugs - or glasses (if I take the handles off). Also 1:12

1:6 deck of cards' tuba, coffee grinder; ????; tray probably 1:6
I am so thrilled with all these minis! Already thinking what/where I can use them!

Gift and Plan for the New Year!

Thanks to the wonderful contribution from Lorry Saunders' family to M.E.E., Luci Hansen from Oregon will be joining us as an instructor in May of 2018. She'll be teaching her LED light/soldering class AND her 1:48 Brooke Tucker Golden Christmas.

I still have some of my birthday pig money left. With that and Christmas money from Mom and Leanne today, I'm going to take Luci's Brooke Tucker Golden Christmas class.

Leanne was incredibly surprised that I had decided to take a 1:48 class as I have resisted that for some time. She didn't think I'd be able to get the same detail in 1:48 as I do in 1:12 but when I explained that (1) it's a matter of space, (2) even Joanne is doing a lot of 1:48 now, and (3)  I'm working from a kit in a class, I won't end up with a lot of extras as I do when I'm working from scratch in 1:12.

THEN she laughed and laughed! And said, "where did that all come from?" It always blows her mind when she is so knowledgeable about minis.

It's such a shame that she isn't interested in doing miniatures herself. She has a great sense of miniatures and one of the best miniature eyes I have ever seen. But it's not her thing so I have to accept that.




No comments:

Post a Comment