Thursday, January 23, 2020

Even my in-laws in-laws are so kind to me....

In 2015, I made a garden in a bird cage for DS Marie's brother and sister-in-law, Gary and Lorraine. Gary's beautiful garden is one of those that is on the "tours" of the city gardens. You can see it here:  https://stalbertmini.blogspot.com/2015/10/finishing-garden-bird-cage.html

It was a huge pleasure to make it and they were very pleased with it.

Late last year, Lorraine's mother moved into assisted living and downsized. Lorraine passed on a shoebox of minis and a china tea set to me through Marie. The china tea set was the perfect size for Marie and her grand-daughter, Elizabeth, so she took that. 

The box of miniatures from Betty was actually brimming to the top but through the last month, I've passed on things that were out of scale for my work to other people.


These great drums are in my Christmas drawers.

Two wonderful copper trays, pitchers and mugs.

Beautiful china tea set.

? and mug; birdhouse; tissue box; three plates of food and the tray that matches the china teaset.

A working mantle clock. Unfortunately, it does not keep good time.

Love these painted birds (on both sides). Think they will go in one of my art galleries eventually.

Wonderful birds with real feather wings. They're about an inch long so will have to give them some thought.

Love these Easter items. The eggs are about 1/2" tall.


Our condominium manager, Kristy, has asked me to do something miniature to be auctioned for the management company's charity. I'm thinking along the line of a four season door scene such as this:

So I'm thinking about an Easter Egg tree for one of them.

The basket could work in miniature but the china pieces won't. And as much as I like them, they will go to the Put and Take.

Some great Christmas ornaments, especially the decorated gingerbread cookies. Still have to think about these for the KDM charity entryways.

The roses are beautiful but too big so they will go to Put and Take. Not sure about the butterfly.

She is so cute!

More possibilities for the front doors....

More front door possibilities....

Put and Take...


My collection of teddy bears...

This perfume bottle is so cute that I just have to keep it and figure out what to do with it later. LOL


I am so blessed to have family like this.

1 comment: