Monday, March 18, 2019

New project, another new possibility

This coming Saturday, I'm taking a M.E.E. workshop given by Linda Austin. I am SO excited!

We will be learning to make 1:12 scale jewellery.

Photo supplied by Linda Austin
I've had this storefront (think it's Reutter) for years. Until now, it has been filled with special minis.

Sorry. This is the best picture I could get with the glass in.

Top row: ginger jar (unsigned), vase (think it's by Porcelain Fantasies)
Second row: cranberry glass (?), silver candlesticks and egg cups by John Meacham
Third row: Reutter vase, silver ladle (by me at a John Meacham class; covered divided silver-plate dish; silver knife (another John Meacham class); silver goblet by Greg Matusovsky; peacock with tail down
Fourth row: Bouquet of roses; Tudor (?) woman; spun glassbird bath with two birds; Toby jug turned vase by Tom Saunders

Needlework by Luba Barnes
Red vases (unsigned but sure they're Janice Crawley's work. Middle piece is unsigned.
I think this (now empty) storefront will be perfect to display much of the jewellery from Saturday's class. If I really concentrate on Saturday, I should be able to fill it and actually complete something!
Removed all by Luba's needlework.
 Seven years ago, I bought the Cerveny store roombox from Alex at Miniland.  It has just been sitting here waiting for me to decide what to do with it and I think I have it!

Since this is an eclectic collection of really nice pieces, I think maybe I need to make a shop to include them.


I got this shelving and the counters from a club estate sale. Beautifully made.


Here are some of the pieces I would put in the shop:



Unsigned but beautifully made.

Signed BK87 

Sterling Hall Fine Miniatures. Books are by Barbara Brear.
Think I would maybe have to only put in the night stand and bureau from the bedroom set with just a picture of the bed.

Will have to put a lot of thought into this.

For now, all I can do it concentrate on the jewellery and the store front.

No comments:

Post a Comment