Saturday, December 15, 2018

One Down!

Months ago, my friend Jeanne gave me a set of Barbie scale dishes that she wanted made into a table centrepiece. Well, it has been sitting on the counter for months while I procrastinated. I knew what I planned on doing but just couldn't seem to get around to it.

I didn't take any pictures when I made the table but the instructions for a basic table are here. Of course, I had to make it a lot bigger than usual since it's in 1:6 rather than 1:12 scale. Painted it white then added a table runner from red gingham ribbon. Set the table with Jeanne's dishes and cutlery, taking them in place with movable miniature glue. Didn't feel up to making spaghetti so settled for adding 'lettuce' to the bowls. You can see the instructions for the lettuce here (just after the Meals on Wheels tables).




Added one of Judy's tea lights as a centerpiece.

Very pleased with how it turned out.

4 comments:

  1. Your table looks good Maureen and your tasty salad looks Fresh! :D
    Merry Christmas!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks again for posting about Judy being at the farmer's market - now I too have a lovely tea light scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Barbara. Glad you were able to get one of Judy's tea light scenes.

      Delete