Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Shop, foamcore

The Christmas Shop was finished quite some time ago EXCEPT for one thing....a flamingo.

Sounds silly but my DBIL, Grahame, has this thing for flamingos: so much so that one year he used a flamingo as a Christmas tree topper. So a while back I picked up a flamingo at the Enjoy Centre. It's been sitting on top of the Christmas Shop for ages and today I finally put it in the room.


Sorry that the picture isn't so clear. The Christmas Shop is all glass and mirrors so it's very difficult to get good pictures.

Foamcore: I'm SO excited that this year on Boxing Day, we're hoping to have our youngest new great-niece, Elizabeth, join us. Looking at my living room, I felt I had to 'child-proof' it a bit. I cleaned up a few things but one thing that I felt I needed to do was block off the bottom of the two bookshelves in my living room. I thought that the easiest way to do that would be to cover them with foamcore. The cheapest foamcore I knew of was the $1 sheets from Dollarama.

The foamcore that I saw in Dollarama months ago was somehow not quite right...the paper side was sort of fuzzy... But the pieces I found the other day were SO much like the very much more expensive ones from Michael's that I bought four pieces for future use as well as blocking the bottom of the bookshelves.



No comments:

Post a Comment