Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mom!

DS Shirley and BIL Grahame brought over chinese food yesterday to celebrate our Mom's 91st birthday. Had a great time!

Shirley brought me a great box for minis that she picked up for me at a garage sale. It originally held a doll and cookies. As it stands, it's 20 1/2" high, 11 1/2" wide and 6" deep. I think that I'll remove the inner dividers and put it on its side. Has the plexiglass front which is a bonus!

We got talking about Christmas presents. We're all of an age where there's really not a great deal we need or want. But Shirley mentioned some LED lights she had bought for their trailer at the lake. Thought they might work for some of my roomboxes so she brought in the ones she had bought earlier in the day. They're 12" long and only about a half inch thick (and come in a pack of two for $22).

So we tried one in the music room.



It was too wide for the music room but would work really well in the three room roomboxes I bought from Jane and Paul's estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment