I used books to balance the attic so the roof was flat so the gable could be attached.
The books had to be positioned so the gable edges could be seen from inside and aligned with the opening in the roof.
Glue in place.
The another book draped over the gable to hold it in place while the glue dried.
From the inside:
(BIG sign of relief - gable in place!)
'Stitch and Bitch' met tonight so I thought I would print the front and back of Mom's quilt on cotton fabric sheets that I have then glue lace where the crocheted fans are on the front of the quilt. After all my troubles getting this #%$& printer to print on card stock, I should have known better than to think it would take the fabric sheets! So will try a couple other ideas later.
In the meantime, I needed a small portable project to take downstairs so pulled out my package of Tiny Turnings (#2000). I buy mine from Luba in Spruce Grove but I did find them here.
I wrapped thread around them then cut them apart to make two sizes of wonderful spools of thread. Bev stopped in for a minute and wondered what the heck I was doing!
While I was downstairs, I checked the mail and there was a parcel delivery notice. AS USUAL, no attempt was made to deliver the parcel - just dropped off the 'attempted delivery' card. When I finally got a reply from the head of Canada Post to my complaint letter about this last summer, I was given a local phone number to call but don't know if I'll even bother. Nothing ever comes of it anyway!
The parcel would be the new brighter battery ceiling lights I ordered from Miniland for the ceiling of the quilt shop so I can wait the few days until the weather improves again before walking to the post office to pick them up.