Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cleaning Day!!

Today was the day I've been avoiding for far too long...

But even with the heat, it was very successful. Every room is cleaned except the pantry and the workroom - and actually the workroom is well on its way to being done.

One of the long-neglected things sticking out like a sore thumb was a tray in front of the Bombay house with all of the dishes and cutlery, etc., that belonged on the dining room table.

So I started by taking that tray of dishes, turning them upside down and applying the first coat of Moveable Miniatures Glue.

In order to apply the MMG to the cutlery, I stretched a strip of adhesive tape adhesive side up and placed the cutlery upside down on it then applied the MMG to the backs of each piece of the cutlery.

This is the dining room table. The top of it is 3 3/8" x 5 3/4".

I want the tablecloth to have an overhang of 12" so I cut a piece of aluminum foil 5 3/8" x 7 3/4".

I had this piece of netting that I thought would work for a tablecloth so I set it over the foil

Set a couple books over the netting to hold it in place over the foil. I need new blades on my rolling cutters so they didn't work properly ARGHH and had to cut with scissors.

Then I folded the aluminium foil in place over the table to protect it.

First I sprayed the lace with spray starch and tried to clip the corners in place as they would drape. It didn't work the way I had hoped so I rinsed the fabric and  soaked it in a mixture of Tacky glue and water (about the consistency of milk). Then I draped that over the foil and used small binder clips to hold the corner drapes of the cloth.

So here is the tablecloth after it has been peeled away from the aluminium foil:

I took the tablecloth off and \hemmed' it with a mixture of Tacky glue and white paint.
 Put it back on the table. Need to let all the glue dry.

Quite frankly I'm not happy about this. I would have preferred to put everything on a bare table.But we'll see how it looks in the morning and decide what to do then.

No comments:

Post a Comment