BIG OOPS! They don't fit!
Oh, well, this is really the first big snag I've hit during this project and it's not insurmountable.
Don't know what glue was used to put this drawer together but it was certainly stubborn stuff. For awhile I didn't think that the hair dryer was ever going to loosen it but it did eventually. So I replaced the back pieces of the drawer with 3/32" basswood and now have a drawer that will actually hold files. LOL
(I only redid the top drawer. So much for realism!)
Joanne was over yesterday afternoon and we made a few slight changes to the furniture placement. It's always good to have another pair of eyes and someone to discuss options with. (And laugh with as we certainly did when I phoned to tell her about the file drawer fiasco!)
Will try to get the window blind made and installed today. Also need another wastebasket by the typewriter table. And some grunge! That's going to be the hardest part for me to do.
Our mini club meeting is tonight and I got the newsletter done and out yesterday. I'm going to take the Victorian parlour and the home gym for Show and Tell. Hope to get the Show and Sale dealer applications out sometime today.
At some point I have to stop 'playing' and prepare for our grandchildren's (and their parents') arrival on Thursday afternoon. I haven't seen them since Hallowe'en and Vern hasn't seen them since last May so really looking forward to their visit.