Not only that, when I transported it, I realized that I had never glued the back on :-( . It was just held in place with T pins.
So when I got it home, it sat on the dining room table awaiting repairs.....and sat.....and sat.
Since I'm hoping to have some family here for breakfast tomorrow morning (all my sisters and one BIL are in town for DS Shirley's 70th birthday celebration), I could put it off no longer!
For the reasons stated above, I tore out all the old lighting from the back of the roombox
And replaced it with a strip of LED lighting from Dollarama.
Added a strip of carpet tape to the back of the battery pack.
And stuck it to the back of the roombox. (For some reason, it didn't stick - which was okay since I ended up just placing it on the top of the roombox so I can just reach it and switch the lights on.)
For some reason, adhesives weren't working for me today. The LED strip lighting self-adhesive didn't hold worth a darn so had to glue that down. Held it in place with clothespins while the Weldbond dried.
When that dried, I applied Weldbond all around the room back and in the valley where the room divider was, put the back on and taped it until the glue dried.
Here is the roombox with the new lights on. Much better. Love it.
The book in the living room is holding down some tiles that I also had to re-glue.
The new lighting is such a vast improvement and the fact that I can leave the battery pack on the roof allows me to turn the lights off and on so much more easily.