Thursday, May 14, 2020

Off topic - The Snack Fairies Came! and a small mention of minis...

My dear friend Cheryl H. came from Nova Scotia to Edmonton seven months ago to be with her daughter for the birth of her youngest granddaughter who was facing major health problems at birth. So we only managed to see each other once since Cheryl arrived. And, of course, COVID has since put the kibosh on our getting together.

But her daughter, Heather, recently started a "Snack ninja" group on FB. Although I don't live in the area it covers, Cheryl was kind enough to add Barb R. and me to their delivery list. SO this afternoon, Cheryl and three of her granddaughters (Hannah, Hallie and Keira) - the Snack Angels - dropped off two incredible baskets of snacks for us.






My snack basket
We did social distance! - just to be clear.

I have enough snacks to last me for quite some time and am so appreciative of their visit. It's been quite awhile since I've seen the girls so that part was wonderful too.

Cheryl and I have known each other for about 15 years and first met in person almost 13 years ago. She has been an associate member of M.E.E. for several years now and we've been lucky that she has been able to be visiting her daughters/grandchildren most years at the time of our Show and Sale.

Pre-COVID, Cheryl and Keira had made plans to come over to see my minis so I had a small box on my worktable containing a few things to give to Keira. At the last minute, I remembered them so I ran upstairs and took them down to her. If I had had more time, I would have added more things but I will just start another collection for her.

The MHV Roombox:
When I took a closer look at what I had done so far, I realized that as much as I loved the display case with the ship in it, it just didn't work. Too large for the room/space. Have to find something else. Thinking on it....

I've been working on a teapot (really cool), want to prepare 2 cups and saucers, spoons, small plates, and some flowers on the coffee table.

Hope to have it ready for delivery by next Tuesday.

EXCEPT my DDIL, Julie, sent me four books today so that may delays things. LOL.

1 comment: