Friday, May 22, 2020

More work on the MHV roombox

Years ago, I bought this great little teapot kit from Another World Miniatures in Saskatoon. (They're a dealer on online shows these days.) 


In two shoeboxes of beads, there was only one that fit! This is a special bead that Sunni brought me from one of her trips. I glued everything together then put the end of the stem into a piece of foam to take the picture.
 

This is where it got VERY messy. I thought I would put a bit of Gorilla gel glue in the hole of the bead to stabilize the pin. OOPS! Way too much - which was good in a weird sort of way - because there was too much for it to set on my hands immediately so I was able to separate the bead and all fingers and thumbs that had been "almost" glued together.  Fortunately, I had a bottle of acetone nail polish remover on hand and was able to clean up this mess.

I clipped off the bottom of the pin then put a clump of Gorilla Gel in the base, put it together and let it set.

Here I've put the teapot upside down in a clothespin so I can put the miniature moveable glue on the base.

HINT: Clothespins can be used to hold things in place for various reasons..


I'm really running low on Chrysnbon dishes and unfortunately the few I have left are ones that I had tried to trim with my gold Pilot pen years ago. I had tried removing that with nail polish remover and that did not work. (Hence the nail polisher remover on my table.)


So then I went to my Costco dollhouse and found the dishes and silverware that I would need for MHV.


And the china would have been right...except I had no idea what I had used to paint it......so couldn't paint a matching dessert plate.

So back to the wrong saucer...


Now I've finished the cups, saucers, and dessert plates with the Krylon gold pen:

I wet the end of a Q-tip to hole the cup in place so I could paint it.


 Now here are all the pieces done in gold...



 Those things are great.




Now I have to think about what flowers will go in there.



So it's coming together.

Will take another look tomorrow....

4 comments:

  1. It's really coming together! I saw some of those little teapot thingies just the other day. They were advertising them for making jewellery pendants (real life size. Hmmm... where did I see them?? I vote for the daffodils for the flowers. I always love daffodils. THey are such a happy flower. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marilyn, the daffodils are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pues a mí me encantan los dos jarrones- Un buen trabajo con la tetera-

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teapot thingies (as good a word as any) used to be available from Oriental Trading I think.

    I love the daffodils too but think I want to save them for something else.

    ReplyDelete