Thursday, February 20, 2020

Couple more things for the Attic

I was disappointed last post about the mini of Vern's softball recognition award. First of all, when I glued the brass to the wood, I got Gorilla gel glue on the paper...plus the paper wasn't very clear. So I reprinted the paper - still not great - but much better! So I peeled off the first print and replaced it with the second (also printed on a label).

 Not great but much better....

Vern was a Master Electrician. I sized his ME license and framed it in MS Word.

Over the years, Vern had purchased several Inuit art pieces. We had four of them framed and hanging in our homes over the years. Some years ago, I gave two of them to Sean and Julie while the remaining two stayed in my condo. I had put copies of those two in my Bombay House. After Leanne moved into her townhouse, I gave her those pieces. Fortunately, when it came time to work on the artwork for the Attic, I had the pictures in my files so could copy them.

I printed all three on a 4" x 6" photo paper and will show you tomorrow how they turned out.



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project, Maureen. I may have to steal this idea from you. We all have so many memories we hold dear and hope to pass along to our children. This is a creative solution to passing them along and yet holding on to them in a manageable size for ourselves at the same time. Big hugs! - Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, it would certainly not be stealing the idea - just sharing. And it certainly wasn't my idea in the first place. Jonah and Holly were only 5 and 3 when Vern died so I'm hoping that this will give them some sense of who he was and a few memories to share. I plan on accompanying the 'attic' with a booklet telling about all the things that it contains.
      That's the plan anyway.
      Hugs, Maureen

      Delete