Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Oh, my.......

Cannot believe it's been almost two months since I posted. On my coffee table, I have a long list of things I wanted to post about but never got around to.

In the past, I've almost always spent the last days of the year tidying my workroom and posting a rundown of the projects I finished during the year. Didn't even manage that this year.

Sooooooo,.....

With my workroom, dining room, kitchen counter, folding table in the living room all covered with minis, materials, supplies and roomboxes, I no longer had a place to work.

Something had to be done. BIG TIME!!

But this time it would not be a surface clean....it would be a great, serious, deep-down clean.

AND no reading, except just before bed.

Today is the end of the tenth day (did cheat yesterday and take a day off) of 8 to 10 hour days in which I have taken out about twelve 26" x 33.5" garbage/recycling bags and several loads to the Put and Take. Three boxes to go to M.E.E. for the Estate Sale Committee and a box to go to my daughter.

And that only took care of one half of the workroom!

For example, it took me 6 to 8 hours just to sort through all my thousands of Ziploc bags (from 3/4" x 3/4" to 10" x 8") and get them down from three big shoe boxes to one. Finally gave up on those and donated the final 1/4 of them to the club's Estate Committee. First offered them to my friend, Barb R., upstairs (I'm hoping she took the ones she could use) and she sorted them for the club. (Brava, Barb!)

Things like putting all the 62 bottles of nail polish in one spot!

Cleaned out the top shelves of the closets in this room and have put roomboxes and containers up there.


So this is it so far...on the left hand side of the room as you enter it:
far end of the room by the window

from closets to mid-room

long view
Tomorrow, I'll tackle the mess on my desk and work on the pegboard wall on that side of the room.

At the rate I'm going, I think it will probably take at least another week to get this finished.

Will be in touch....


2 comments:

  1. It's always a major undertaking when cleaning the craft room but you've gotta start somewhere- Have Fun Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth.
      It's a long haul but it's coming together. So glad it's a deep clean and not just the superficial one that I've always done in the past.
      Maureen

      Delete