Sunday, August 11, 2019

Great progress with Mirabel's roombox

Got a great spurt of energy and ideas going...

Cannot get a good picture of the salad bowl that shows its iridescence. Trimmed it with a strip of silver (really) that was in my stash. This is wider than the fingernail tape that Leanne gave me.


Mixed some of the salad greens with  a clear glue that I found at Dollarama then put it in the salad bowl. (A friend also told me that he used hair spray to keep salad in place in salad bowls in a scene I had given him and his wife.)

Then I stained the ends of two tooled end toothpicks...

Clipped them off...

And stuck them in the salad as servers ...

There is it at the upper left hand side of the table.

Found this pair of running shoes in my stash and will use them by the couch. The book 'Alice in Wonderland' will be put in temporarily - not sure it's what I want but it's one of the few readable books I have available right now.

So this is what it looked like...

Then I switched the brass tall clock with the cloisonne vase...
The clock actually works - or would if I could find a replacement battery for it.

Still want to add something to the fireplace mantle between the candlesticks but don't know what!


It's coming together but it's not quite what I want it to be so I think I need to leave it for awhile and take another look at it later.


3 comments:

  1. I love how it looks. I always like to put little terrariums or little boxes on top of a mantle. They'd fill the space but not block the view of the picture.

    ReplyDelete