Saturday, August 10, 2019

Got a little (very little) done

I sat down in front of the TV and didn't want to start another book so I got out two shoeboxes of accessories to bag and sort. To my delight, almost everything was already bagged so I managed to get everything in one shoebox. I'll wait to put them on the bulletin boards as the easiest way to do that is to put all the bulletin boards in the living/dining room and that's a big job.



With that out of the way, I decided to make the grate for the fireplace in Mirabel's roombox. I thought I had one in my grate but couldn't find it if it's there.

So I decided to use this modeling metal mesh (from Dollarama years ago). It's lightweight and can be cut with scissors.


I cut a rectangle to fit the fireplace and folded it up front and back.

I ccut a second piece slightly smaller than the first and coloured them both with a black marker. It's thin enough that the marker filled in all the nooks and crannies.

Folded the second, smaller piece then glued it with Gorilla glue gel to the bottom of the original piece.

Put the grate in place in the fireplace and added some logs.

1 comment: