Saturday, May 11, 2019

Another mini-obsession....

As if I needed another one after the jewellery!

My friend and fellow miniaturist, Jillian, used her Cricut to make these absolutely wonderful eyeglasses on a sheet of acrylic! She posted them on FB and I commented on them and, bless her heart, she gave me a sheet of about a hundred of them at our meeting on Tuesday night.

My DS, Carol, came down to see Mom on Thursday so I had forgotten about the gift from Jillian until Friday morning.

Then I spent some time playing with the eyeglasses....and what fun!


The top eight were done with Sharpie pens. Just an edging around the lens and a narrow edge across the top and colouring the arms. Sometimes edging the lenses in colour and sometimes in gold. I did colour the lenses themselves on the second row left pair with a green Sharpie.

Some time ago, my DD Leanne gave me a great supply of very thin rolls of adhesive tape in different colours (from China and meant for nail art).


So I used a strip of that across the top of the glasses and the arms on the glasses in the foreground.

Because the tape is so narrow and both the glasses and the tape are so light, I lost this pair on the floor when I was trimming the tape from the end of the glasses!

After about 20 minutes of fruitless searching, I had the AHA moment! Got on my knees with a flashlight and caught that elusive flash! FOUND IT!

TIP: If you slip when you're using the pen, you can clean that slip up with a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover.



8 comments:

  1. A great collection of eyeglasses. Wonderful work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just love them! Jillian just gives us the greatest things to work with!

      Delete
  2. Buen trabajo,te han quedado muy bonitas!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Pilar. ¡Esto es tan divertido!
      Abrazos, Maureen

      Delete
  3. WOW!!!! The Circit cutter is being utilized in such Amazing ways for all kinds of mini projects and these eye glasses are simply WONDERFUL!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so lucky in our club. Tina has a laser cutter, her son has a laser printer and now Jillian and our new member have Cricuts. And they share!
      Love playing with the glasses!
      Maureen

      Delete