Monday, December 17, 2018

Three down!

Real Life has gotten in the way of my mini-ing but I've found my groove and am getting a few things done.

Before I get into the Meals on Wheels project, want to tell you about the last couple nights. Friend Joanne, DD Leanne and I attended Tom Jackson's The Huron Carole on Thursday night and the Jerry Granelli Trio performance of Tales of a Charlie Brown Christmas on Saturday night. Both were absolutely wonderful! It was the first time I had seen The Huron Carole and I would heartily recommend it to anyone who has the chance to see it. Jerry Granelli was the drummer for the group that originally played the music for A Charlie Brown Christmas and shared some wonderful insights on the making of the TV special.

Last year, Meals on Wheels here had 42 clients so we did it as a M.E.E. project but this year they only had 8 so I decided to do it on my own. But when I got my 'tables' out, only had 7...so put it off until I could find more 12 ounce styrofoam cups...and ordered them from Staples. After I had done that, discovered four more tucked away....Shoot!

Anyway, decided I would do 10...just in case a couple more people had signed up.

So, here are the tables:


 My Christmas bulletin boards:


Two of my food and plate bulletin boards:

And my lighting bulletin board with my candle holders and candles:

These are the trees from Dollarama decorated with rhinestones and snowflake decals (also from Dollarama):

And here is the "laser poop" from Tina that will become the bases for the trees:

Only ended up using two of the trees. Back into my stash. LOL

These aren't as elaborate as last year's but I still hope they will brighten the recipients' days.




While most are Christmas-themed, a couple are more winter-oriented as I have no idea who the recipients will be.

I called my friend and neighbour, Dave, who agreed to deliver them to the Meals on Wheels co-ordinator at the St. Albert Seniors' Centre for me tomorrow.

* * * * *

Now that these three projects are completed, I can clear off my table (almost completed!) and tomorrow I will finish collating "The Book" and binding it!

YIPPEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment