Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Lorry's memorial box

I found the crown molding in the bag of wood from the kit, painted it white and installed it.


Then I decided that the outside of the box needed to be covered so I did that with some light brown art paper from my stash.

Folded the extra paper around the back, mitred the corners and glued it down.

Here the frame to hold the plexiglass cover has been added on three sides.


With the light on
 The plexiglass has been glued into the top section of the frame and is being put in place.

The table and flowers have been placed using Moveable Miniatures Glue. (Love that glue!)

I have a lovely little cottage teapot by Janice Crawley that was a gift from Lorry's family that I would have loved to put in here but I think it would have detracted from the vignette. I'll find another spot for it.

Here's the card I made to identify it at our Show and Sale in September. After the Show, I'll glue it to the back of the box.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute! Really well done and I look forward to seeing it at the show.

    ReplyDelete