Sunday, July 23, 2017

A RL joy and a small mini gift

Sorry this is so late. Spent a long time talking with Cheryl H. in NS and missed the deadline for posting.

Saturday, Joanne and I went to the St. Albert Farmers' Market. A few stalls in, a picture caught my eye and I just had to have it!

You might recall my story of the birthday pig. I hadn't done anything with my birthday money so when I saw this!!! It was my purchase!!!

It's a 23" x 17" painting on a slab of wood. The picture does not do it justice.


I haven't yet decided where to hang it.

On our way into the St. Albert Public Library, there was a Recycling information table that was handing out miniature (1:24) St. Albert recycling bin key chains. What a great gift! Think I can make it work in a 1:12 scene somehow.
We went up to the magazine section of the library where we looked at the Miniature Collector magazine. (Joanne donates this to the library each year.) Had great fun looking at them.

Was thrilled to see the MC write-up on Jo-Ann Shaw. (I know it's been awhile since it was published but it was the first time I had seen it.) Joanne has a pair of her ice skates shown in the article and she says that the picture doesn't do them justice.

I'm thrilled to have known Jo-Ann for several years since I first attended Camp Mini HaHa and it's such a joy to see her work acknowledged.

All in all, a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment