Friday, January 13, 2017

A train station by Louise

Over the 40 years that I've been doing miniatures, I've been fortunate to see some incredibly wonderful and beautiful things. Among them are the Thorne Rooms in Chicago, Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle, and the exhibits in the Mini Time Museum of Miniatures in Tucson.

Closer to home, members of our club do the most amazing things year in and out. I won't even begin to name any as I'm sure if I made a list, I would have to keep adding to it every day as I remembered something else.

For years now, there has been a miniature camp, Camp Mini Ha Ha, in Nova Scotia. I attended it for three years after I retired and met miniaturists from all over. I'm still in touch with many of them today.

On my last trip to the Maritimes, Cheryl and I went to PEI where we stayed with Marilyn and Bruce D. They are now living in New Brunswick where Marilyn, some other CMHH alumni and other miniaturists have formed a new club, F.A.M.E. (Fredricton and Area Miniature Enthusiasts). They are very enthusiastically spreading the word and have already held their first show and sale.

One of those miniaturists is Louise whose  CMHH project from last year is one of the "OMG" moments in a miniaturist's life.

Marilyn writes a blog "Charminis" and a recent post was about Louise's project. Please, for some incredible eye candy, check it out here. And, as Marilyn wrote, it's pretty uniquely Canadian!

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment